Life: Keep Riding the Bike

2:41 PM


I was always mesmerized by all of my unreached dreams which allure me all the time to make me struggle in achieving it. Going up and down, getting upset and surrender, those have always been the extra ingredients accompanying me on the path along the way. Finally, right after I eventually reach it, all my expectations become the opposite. It is not that good as what I imagined before. It is not that easy and fun as what I expected it would be. It is even not what I hope to be. I don’t mean that I dislike it, otherwise, it makes me realize that “in life you will always feel both sadness and happiness” if previously, I thought that, living in the dream could be my total happiness, I figure out that it is definitively wrong, because we will not only get a real happiness in life. Life is a combination of two opposite things and feelings, that’s why we should keep the balance. Just as what Einstein said:

“Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving”

…well, unless you can’t ride a bike..

Being a thousand miles away from home brings you a million feel of yearning. I miss home, I miss my family and friends, I miss eating Indonesian foods, I miss every single things that I do for my daily basis. If before I always complain for a flat daily life that I have, now, I have to admit that I miss doing it. Here, I have to get used to everything. The differences of the society, the surprising different culture, and most importantly, the different taste of foods. It seems like I have to force myself to adapt in this new kind of life.

It takes time. Absolutely. Life needs process and slowly it would let you to build a better you. The question is how capable you are in being patient to the matter of time?


Another thing is homesickness, in order to just heal it, I always depend on that what we call “technology”. If many of us blame it for changing the human beings into its slave, or dependent, or disconnected from the real life. I would say that I totally disagree with them. Technology is the only medicine that could calm down my eagerness to meet my beloved ones. I couldn’t say more if it does not even exist.

Besides, I become more and more in love with my culture of origin. I am always proud to say that I am Indonesian. While, of course, I represent those hundred million people in Indonesia. Well, what I do, I say, I like or what I am capable could be regarded generally as Indonesian. This is what stereotypes play its role. It takes a special burden. Sometimes.


There are actually many things that I would like to mention, as being alone here, as being the first-timer living abroad. Meanwhile, if I tell you, I must be considered as the most complaining person in the world. NO, I don’t want to be. So, I only bear in mind that my main mission right now is riding this bike. Becoming balance and maintaing harmony to every single things, to everyone and to every problems that I may face. This is my decision. I fight for being here, thus I deserve to enjoy it. To enjoy both the bitter sweet of living here.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar